Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Catching up

So, I disappeared for 2 weeks and you probably thought
1)Cheex blog didn't last long
2)Cheex sure got lazy
3) Oh no I hope Cheex is ok!!!!
4) Who is Cheex??

Anyway, what really happened was I ran away to Seattle for some races, and all I had with me was my ole reliable Iphone.  I planned on writing some blogs while I was there, however using an Iphone to write blogs turned out to be absolutely obnoxious, so I just decided to wait til I got back home.

So, what was I doing in Seattle(well it's not actually Seattle, but I never actually know what city I am in when I'm in Washington state, so I just always say Seattle)??  I went to race my first indoor race of the season and while I was there decided to check out the trials for the next season of the NSC.  Also while I was there I managed to mess up my back pretty good(old people problems), which wasn't really on the "to do" list but it happened.  So with out going into much detail, I'm going to just drop some notes.

NSC TRIALS

Wow the races were super exciting, about 30 guys trying out for 16 spots(with the top 12 already qualified for next year).  And like every year the talent pool keeps getting deeper and deeper.  The sprints were hectic as always, but the distance races were so close.  You had guys winning one race, and then not making it out of the semi's for the next.  I was really impressed with 2 young guys; Caleb Wakefield and Isaiah Oliver who both qualified, and looked really good doing it.  I wouldn't be surprised if in a few years I was sitting back watching these 2 battle for NSC grand championships.  Also, it was good to see Chad Horne return to the NSC after a few years, like always he looked super fast and I'm sure will make racing extra exciting this year.




Turkey Showdown

The next stop was the Turkey Showdown, Hosted by Dennis King.  I'll get to the races in a minute, but first... There was a jumbo-tron in the rink!!!  Look I've seen a million races, seen crazy things happen, seen tons of rinks, but I ain't never seen a jumbo-tron in a rink.  I took a picture of it, but it ended up pretty crummy, but you get the jest of it(and yes that is also a basketball goal in the background, glad I don't own that rink, I would never leave). Like always in the Northwest the racing was really good.  It's always impressive to see the number of quality indoor skaters the Northwest region can turn out.  The floor was fast and it's always good to get some racing in early in the season.  For me, I was struggling with a minor back injury, and probably shouldn't have skated... but I'm stubborn, and I had already flown across the country, so I laced up.  I was ended up winning the champions race, and it was a lot more by experience than skill b/c the guys out there were skating really fast.

So that's whats been going on the last 2 weeks, sorry I've been sluffing on my blogging, hopefully you guys will find a way to forgive me.  Check back in a few days, I already have a rant in my head, just gotta type it out.






No comments:

Post a Comment